1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Complaints from patients with [FND]s: a cross-sectional UK survey of why patients complain and the effect on the clinicians..., 2018, Bolton

Discussion in 'Other psychosomatic news and research' started by Andy, Jan 12, 2022.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That got me curious as to what strategies are discussed, and it's about as impressive as one would guess, at least I couldn't find anything else about it:
    The "safe spaces" initiative appears to be about how to deal with costly complaints. So they only care about cost and burden to the system. And they can't even imagine that they fail at those, guaranteeing the worst possible outcomes.

What this suggests to me is that more formal complaints could probably end this nightmare. If this is truly all they care about, this is one way to make their only objective completely impossible. Not that it's possible to have any concerted strategy, it would have to work through charities and would probably be too contentious.

But my takeaway from this is really that the way out of the dystopian nightmare of psychosomatic medicine is to simply formally complain as much as possible about it, as it's clearly the only thing they care about here along with health care utilization, which of course is impossible to achieve as this is an illness category that is constantly created, it literally can't end as long as BPS ideology dominates.

Which suggests that when they speak of complaints, they mean official complaints, not informal comments that say the same thing, they couldn't care less what happens to the patients or what they think. It's purely bureaucratic cost-saving, peak banality of evil.

V.R.T., Arnie Pye, Simbindi and 3 others like this.
  2. Samuel

Samuel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

checks and balances are gone when journals cognitively reframe lower backs.

also, sick folk should never have to take avice like "don't go to neurologists becaue they will ruin your medical re3cord" or "don't tell anybody you have m.e." or "keep trak of which symptoms are ok to tell a doctor". those are red flags.

that is the type of advice that is necessary during mass human rights violations. this is one such.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Amw66, Lilas, V.R.T. and 6 others like this.