1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Complaint to the GMC: Dr Christian Jessen’s ‘dick head’ and ‘bullshit’ abuse of a parent carer, Dr Neil MacFarlane MRCPsych, 18 July 2019

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by ladycatlover, Jul 18, 2019.

1. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://drnmblog.wordpress.com/2019...ck-head-and-bullshit-abuse-of-a-parent-carer/

Take a look at the Tweets of at Hollysvaccine on Twitter as well.

2. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Looking at those tweets of his, and the language he is using to people, he comes across as incredibly unprofessional, and downright nasty. So very different to the kind and caring face he presents on TV. I'd have thought such TV contracts could be duly reconsidered. No matter whether a doctor is right or wrong, that sort of abuse is revolting. And then the potential conflict of interest issue.

3. Amy101

Amy101 Established Member (Voting Rights)

I’ve seen many twitter exchanges or personal message between Dr. Christian and members of the public, including that of some friends who have Lyme disease (which he always makes fun of and says doesn’t exist), and every single one makes me like him even less. He comes across incredibly arrogant, rude and petulant with a serious lack of professionalism and empathy

Edited to make clearer

MEMarge, EzzieD, hinterland and 8 others like this.
  4. James Morris-Lent

James Morris-Lent Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Must have thought he was still on Reddit.

MEMarge and ladycatlover like this.
  5. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Amy101, rvallee and ladycatlover like this.
  6. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wow. An MD who basically says "I'd want to help those sick people but they are icky so they deserve to be treated like crap".

That's not much different from a firefighter saying they let someone in a burning building because they smelled bad and looked like a criminal anyway. What a jackass.

7. feeb

feeb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Between this guy and all those charmers claiming to be medical professionals on reddit, god help us all. A truly terrifying lack of empathy.