Collection of very poorly written news articles on ME/CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Yann04, May 22, 2024.

1. Yann04

Yann04 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think it’s relevant to keep archiving and keep discussion/sharing news articles on ME which are very poorly written. The large majority of these don’t fit in another thread and aren’t worth making a new thread of their own.

Sean, alktipping, EzzieD and 3 others like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Many of them are posted on regional news threads, since, as you say, they don't warrant their own thread.

3. Yann04

To start it off:

https://www.onlymyhealth.com/tips-to-manage-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-in-middle-aged-women-1715946649

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Affects Almost 10-15% Of Middle-Aged Women: Doctors Share Management Tips — Onlymyhealth

in certain cases, fatigue may be severe and long-lasting. This is called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), also known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).

the condition affects 10–15% of middle-aged women, attributed to the rise in stress and depression in this age group

According to Dr Ramakrishnan, treatment strategies for CFS largely depend on self-care.

“Patients should be encouraged to learn relaxation techniques, such as yoga or breathing exercises, to reduce the symptoms and manage anxiety. Additionally, maintaining a balanced nutrition diet and incorporating gentle exercise routines, like short outdoor jogs, can help improve overall well-being,” he says.​

I sent them an email pointing out errors. Article is archived here https://web.archive.org/web/2024052...igue-syndrome-in-middle-aged-women-1715946649

Last edited: May 22, 2024
    Hutan, EzzieD, LJord and 3 others like this.
  4. Yann04

Oh fair enough. Should I keep this thread for those that don’t fit into regional news?

alktipping and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  5. EndME

EndME Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Independently of what is done, it seems sensible to post/store archived versions of such articles if they are important in case they are removed/edited/paywalled.

alktipping, Hutan, EzzieD and 3 others like this.
  6. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I think either is fine. I agree it's good to keep a record and to note an action taken.

alktipping, Hutan, EzzieD and 3 others like this.
  7. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It is an Indian website and basically all the Indian articles on ME/CFS that I have come across have been extraordinarily bad. I mean you can find bad articles everywhere but the ones coming from India seem to be uniformly very bad. The other day I posted one of them in one of the funny threads because it was celebrating ME/CFS Awareness Day with giving almost only ridiculously bad info on the disease and it also looked like it was written by some AI. I always feel sorry for pwME living there, there's an awful lot of misinformation about ME/CFS in the media there without any good info.

MeSci, alktipping, Hutan and 5 others like this.