Cannabis helps Psoriatic arthritis and Fibromyalgia sufferer enormously

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and Connective Tissue Disorders' started by MeSci, Aug 30, 2023.

1. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

'Having a shower was too much' - Bristol woman with chronic pain helped by medicinal cannabis trial

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountr...-says-medicinal-cannabis-has-changed-her-life

A woman from Bristol who has chronic pain conditions says taking part in a medicinal cannabis trial has "changed her life."

Andrea Wright was just 33 when she had to retire from her job due to ill health. She then discovered the trial, which is looking into the effects of the treatment so it can become more widely available on the NHS.

Andrea's story started in 2013 when she was struck down with intense pain after a conference.

She explained: "I had to phone my boss and said 'sorry I can’t do this I’m in agony.' I was crying my eyes out. I couldn’t even drive home so I had to get someone to bring my car back to Bristol for me because I couldn’t drive."

Andrea was eventually diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis and then Fibromyalgia and found herself on a long list of medications, including opiates.

These heavily impacted her body, causing her to feel unwell...

...Andrea has been on the drug (cannabis) constantly since February 2022 and says she has felt "amazing" and that it has made a "huge difference" in a relatively short space of time.

Her pain levels are manageable, she is back to work full time and has managed to come off most of the opiates she was on.

Kitty, shak8, Simbindi and 2 others like this.
  2. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think the benefits of Cannabis are often hyped at a universal level. For all the usual reasons anything is. But at an individual level it can be miraculous.

Cannabis has medicinal properties known since time began and we should all be given it if we want it for spirit, culture, medicine or for fun.

It helps my pain overall but there is one type of pain it makes much worse so sadly I don’t think its ever gonna save me.