1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can a blood flow enhancer help our symptoms ?

Discussion in 'Orthostatic intolerance treatments' started by Dechi, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My guess is that its effects will probably be minor, and I would not spend $400 for just some minor improvements. It's possible though that people with severe POTS might get more benefit. We will have to await reports of patients using it.

2. RobH

RobH Established Member

The title of this thread made me think of vaso-dilators.

There is literature in the sports/athletic community that says that certain supplements can lead to vaso-dilation and that helps moderate some exercise-induced fatigue. Namely beet root juice and Citrulene. In athletes, the supplements help dilate capillaries and improve performance. One could also envision erectile dysfunction meds doing a lot of the same things.

I have also seen med journal articles that some of our issues stem from small fiber neuropathy and endothelial problems. Basically, the capillaries don't get the message that they need to transport more blood/oxygen to working muscles and remove CO2 and other metabolites.

Has anyone experimented with vaso-dilators? If so, what has been your experience?

Hutan, Binkie4 and Ash like this.
  3. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Ash likes this.
  4. RobH

RobH Established Member

Ash and Hutan like this.