1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bragée ME/CFS-Center in Sweden is (probably) closing

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by mango, Apr 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Bragée ME/CFS-Center in Stockholm, Sweden, is (probably) closing. They gave official notice of termination of their agreement with Stockholm County Council in the beginning of March, which means that they will be closing in September unless Stockholm County Council changes their mind and agrees to improve the terms of the agreement = give them more money. The negotiations are expected to be finalized in June.

Yesterday 19 April Bragée ME/CFS-Center officially confirmed the news on their Facebook page, after word got out when a pwme discovered a document published in the County Council's official online register.

The center is relatively new, has been open for about/less than a year (was fully up and running in May 2017, more details in this pressrelease). The news comes as a shock and disappointment for many of the center's patients, who had no idea this was about to happen. Bragée has been keeping up a very shiny façade in all the recent media interviews and towards their patients, talking about new research projects, arranging seminars, new exciting potential treatments etc.

(Please do correct me if I'm using the wrong words in English for the business stuff!)

2. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sorry to hear this. In a world of under provision, it is hard to understand how facilities could close. I feel sorry for those who may have benefitted from any services, this may be hard on patients and families. My thoughts are with them

3. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Why is it so difficult? :banghead:

4. Inara

Inara Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Was this a helpful center or more like ME/CFS centers in UK?

5. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)