1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blog: Changing the system so that more chronically ill people can work

Discussion in 'Work, Finances and Disability Insurance' started by Andy, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://inclusionproject.org.uk/gue...so-that-more-chronically-ill-people-can-work/

MSEsperanza, andypants, Gecko and 2 others like this.
  2. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

One worrisome development I have been seeing (in the US) is an explosion in "Workplace Wellness" programs, where employees are rewarded if they adhere to certain "healthy behaviors". Of course, in ME/CFS, activity management rather than increased aerobic exercise is the healthy behavior. But these workplace wellness programs tend to be one-size-fits-all when it comes to exercise.

I was concerned that if I ever become well enough to work again, I might not be able to work for a company that has a workplace wellness program.

However, workplace wellness programs have generally turned out to not actually save money or improve employee health. So hopefully, if I'm ever well enough to work, I won't have to worry about my employer insisting I follow the exercise guidelines in their workplace wellness program.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    ahimsa, andypants, MEMarge and 8 others like this.