Beware creating a moral panic about antivaxxers Fiona Fox The Times 2019

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by JohnTheJack, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annamaria

Annamaria Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Immunisation originated from the observation that dairymaids, who were exposed to the mild disease cowpox, were protected from smallpox. So far, so good. It was when all kinds of adjuvants, preservatives, heavy metals etc started to be added and vaccines administered in ways the body cannot eliminate that problems began.

The Los Angeles County Hospital epidemic of ME (the CDC hadn't invented 'CFS' then) in the 1930s was caused by vaccines. Those who became sick were awarded compensation equivalent to the cost of two upmarket houses each, although without admission of liability.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2019
    Mariaba likes this.
  2. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We have been looking for evidence of that and failed to find any. What is the source?

3. oldtimer

oldtimer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I was afraid that might be the source. It is surprising that there seems to be no contemporaneous reports of these windfalls which were being received. They must have been known outside the circle of people who were allegedly compensated. There would almost certainly have been people on the periphery who received no payment. How was it all kept quiet. Almost every doctor in LA must have been aware of any such settlements. I do believe in the potential for cover up. But not involving so many people over such a length of time.

According to the Brodie paper the first trials of his vaccine took place after the LA outbreak had started. He may have been misrepresenting the facts. If so, one would have to explain why no-one commented.

5. Annamaria

6. Annamaria

Legal settlements relating to medical matters nearly always contain a non-disclosure clause. How much do we hear about the settlements of permanent health insurance claims? Insurers usually prefer to settle rather than going to court for this very reason.

7. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

This thread is now closed as there were many posts that were off the topic of the thread.

S4ME is not an appropriate place for an anti-vaccine debate, for the same reason that it is not an appropriate place for a debate about politics or religion.

Members who want to discuss the possibility that ME originated from a vaccine may do so on another thread.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Trish, JohnTheJack, rvallee and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.