1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Belfast Telegraph: Doctors 'do more harm than good' sending ME patients to gym

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Eagles, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Eagles

Eagles Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Belfast Telegraph: Doctors 'do more harm than good' sending ME patients to gym

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...good-sending-me-patients-to-gym-37129397.html

Thousands of people are being put at risk as doctors tell patients with a devastating neurological condition they should go to the gym, it has been warned.

A charity that supports people with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) has said patients in Northern Ireland are being failed by a shocking lack of understanding about the condition. People with ME can suffer a range of symptoms, from headaches and extreme sensitivity to light and sound, to agonising pain, memory and concentration problems.

In some cases, the person can't be touched, while others have to be tube fed.

The Hope 4 ME and Fibro Northern Ireland charity has called for health bosses to act urgently to prevent further damage being done to the 7,000 people here living with the debilitating condition…

Tilney, TiredSam, AndyPandy and 23 others like this.