1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bateman Horne Center: We See You. You are Not Missing to Us.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, May 10, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://batemanhornecenter.org/see-not-missing-us/

Joh, ahimsa, Lidia and 14 others like this.
  2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Public Awareness of ME/CFS : A Changing Story

"We saw small but significant progress when Utah’s Governor, Gary Herbert released an official declaration that acknowledges the ME/CFS community as legitimate, and “recognizes the struggles faced by those afflicted with this disorder, respects their courage, and stands with organizations and individuals throughout the world that are fighting to research, treat, and eradicate this disease.”

The declaration concluded by designating May 2018 as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Month in Utah.

"
    Although formally recognizing ME/CFS in one state for one month might seem insignificant, it is important to recognize the state-level traction this declaration introduces. The story of ME/CFS and FM is no longer a purely hidden narrative of suffering and rejection, but a story where formal government action is beginning to validate and support people living with, in the words of Governor Herbert, “a complex, chronic disease responsible for causing extreme fatigue, widespread muscle and joint pain, and a host of other symptoms.

full blog here:

https://batemanhornecenter.org/millionsmissing2018/

ahimsa, Joh, Indigophoton and 6 others like this.