1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bateman Horne Center - Clinician Conference, April 27, 2018

Discussion in 'USA clinics and doctors' started by Webdog, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not sure if this belongs here, but didn't know where else to put it. Maybe we need a section for conferences? Could mods add this to calendar?

Bateman Horne Center

Salt Lake City, UT

ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia: Updates and Management Tips for Clinicians

April 27, 2018 @ 1:00PM — 5:00PM

https://batemanhornecenter.networkf...ia-updates-and-management-tips-for-clinicians

This conference will cover:
    • The major presenting features of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia, how they overlap, and how to diagnose and differentiate between these syndromes
    • How exercise affects those with ME/CFS and fibromyalgia, including physical capacity, cognitive impairment and pain amplification, based on recent studies
    • Strategies to help patients identify their activity tolerance and relapse threshold to better prevent and manage physical and mental symptoms
    • How pain is experienced by patients across the illness spectrum and what interventions help
    • How sleep disturbances affect those with ME/CFS and fibromyalgia and what interventions help
    • How orthostatic intolerance syndromes, including POTS, affect patients and strategies to improve symptoms
    • How to effectively perform a bedside test to determine orthostatic intolerance without using an expensive tilt table procedure

alktipping, Louie41, MEMarge and 4 others like this.
  2. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting to compare to UK info.
    Miles apart

Louie41 and Sly Saint like this.
  3. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's a start. But standard clinical care in the US is still GET, therapy, and antidepressants. That is, if you are one of the 10% diagnosed.

Because there is no conference CME credit, it might be difficult to attract doctors from outside Salt Lake City, unless they already have a strong interest in the topic.

I applaud this conference, and hope to see many many more like it. Hopefully in the future offering CME credit.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Yessica and alktipping like this.