1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

BABCP 2023 Cardiff (British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies)

Discussion in 'Other psychosomatic news and research' started by Sly Saint, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

pre conference workshop:
    https://babcp2023.org/pre-conference-workshops

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  2. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. bobbler

bobbler Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Genuine question: how are people/patients/subjects ending up under her?

What is the mechanism feeding her patients.

Transdiagnostic meaning noone I won't have and label with these assumptions, and once here I won't worry about what you've got or adapt treatment to that - as it is about assuming the issue is these rather hysterical women terms of 'distress' and 'low self-esteem' and the need being for their life to be 'more fulfilling' (I wonder what deep down she assumes that involves)

So it is pretty important if it isnt' people paying privately and/or seeking her out by choice having thought 'yep, that really applies to me' etc. because I want to know who she is really getting and what they think they actually have and might really have benefitted from, and what the pathway or mechanism between that is.

Peter Trewhitt and Sean like this.
  4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I don't think there will be any shortage of patients being referred by GP's to Chalder's sort of clinic. Anyone with fatigue, pain, irritable bowel, headaches, any physical symptom they can't diagnose...