1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Artificial Intelligence and the future of chronic illness medicine

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS discussion' started by Jenny TipsforME, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Jenny TipsforME

Jenny TipsforME Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Has anyone else caught the AI bug? I’m completely obsessed by AI Revolution developments at the moment. I’ve started a blog series on the theme which I think some of you will find interesting: https://tipsforme.wordpress.com/category/format/ai-series/

I’m queuing up scheduled posts to publish on Mondays. They’re a mixture of philosophical reflections and tips. I usually add the more practical information towards the end, so if you’re not so interested in the bigger questions you can skim through to those bits.

I haven’t really been well enough to blog for the last few years, but now that I have a shallow-fake me co-authoring with me (with supervision) I can be A LOT more prolific. Essentially I’m asking AI such as ChatGPT the questions I have anyway but asking it to write up the answer using a blogging persona.

It’s getting harder to share your own blogs online, so any shares on social media are much appreciated.

This post was written by human Jenny :)

janice, bobbler, mariovitali and 8 others like this.
  2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

That's an interesting blog Jenny, my first time (as far as I know) reading a ChatGPT product. Although yesterday a major media outlet in my country announced it was slashing its staff numbers, so perhaps I have read a lot more ChatGPT than I am aware of.

3. Jenny TipsforME

Jenny TipsforME Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Hutan thanks. You are meant to acknowledge ChatGPT if you use it but I imagine a lot of people aren’t.

4. mariovitali

mariovitali Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Perhaps you could feature my work? I have a patent in the application of machine learning and network analysis in medical research (since 2018). My methodology identified before any other research work the following (regarding ME/CFS) :

1) Possible liver involvement in ME/CFS
    2) Pyruvate dehydrogenase complex involvement
    3) Disruption of bile acids
    4) Disruption of Peroxisome proliferators
    5) Disruption of Phospholipids
    6) BH4 (Tetrahydrobiopterin) involvement

For all the above I can provide evidence if requested.

"Fun" fact : No one has decided to use it so far extensively, although -to be fair- Stanford University are listening to its "signals"

merylg, shak8, bobbler and 2 others like this.