1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Article: Study gave me purpose when the future seemed bleak Jan 2020

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Sly Saint, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Alright, who's the joker? Someone's definitely taking the p***!

Amazon have just sent me a link with the latest kindle book deals.

Every single one in German.

Come on.....which one of you? Own up!

:laugh::rofl:

2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Perhaps you ate a German cookie last time you were at Amazon?

3. Invisible Woman

Delicious! :emoji_cookie:

I think their algorithms get confused. If I like an author I will read all their books so Amazon sometimes includes details of the books released in other languages . Normally it's just one or two on the list, but it amused me that this time it was every single book!

ladycatlover and alktipping like this.
  4. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Snow Leopard, @Sarah94 and @Michelle, thank you all for pointing out Duolingo. I've started the Welsh course, and so has OH.

For me some days are better than others - what I'm particularly dreading is when I am asked to translate into Welsh "I am a secretary"! "Ysgreddwnnau dw i"? Doesn't look quite right. Suspect it'll come up in my next few lessons as I'm on the "Work" (gweithio?) topic at present!

OH has been asking about some stuff in the local shops, I expect that it gives them a smile over his pronunciation. But I think they're pleased he's making the effort to at least try. Some of them are also using Duolingo - for Spanish and Italian!

So many thanks to you for the heads up about Duolingo, and here's a local rainbow for you as my Thank You.

[​IMG]

Michelle, MEMarge, Trish and 2 others like this.
  5. Invisible Woman

Welsh is a lovely language. On a number of occasions I "had to" spend a week or even a fortnight in Wales. One of the sites was entirely Welsh speaking. Beautiful, musical language.

They had to reset a lot of passwords for me, mind. Most of the high level passwords were in Welsh and there was just no way in hell I was going to remember those! Chuck half the alphabet in a bowl and give it a stir and VoilĂ !

Or should that be Yma!

Mind you they entertained themselves by trying to teach me to pronounce the "ll" sound.

ladycatlover, MEMarge and Trish like this.