1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Are there probiotics that PWME should avoid?

Discussion in 'Nutrition, food sensitivity, microbiome treatments' started by Sasha, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Pechius

Pechius Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you for your suggestions, Helen, but I'm not a huge believer in microbiome testing and treatment. The research and methods used for testing, in my opinion, are in complete infancy and most of that would be a waste of money. At least that's the way I look at it. I've had my share of stool testing for infections, etc, and it all came up empty and was very expensive so at this point I don't think it's worth it.

In terms of carbs+fat, yes, I would very much agree with that, it's a terrible combination.

2. InfiniteRubix

InfiniteRubix Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just saw this, while looking for related advice. The most solid definite advice I've come across again and again is to eat resistant carbohydrates, like cold pasta, potatoes or rice, but they must be cold. My memory is that it then hangs around 2 feed the bacteria, a little bit more than the less resistant warm carbohydrates.

The other important thing seemingly is legumes, lentils in particular. They have a substantial impact on a specific acid, ne of which escapes me at the moment.