1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody had any improvement of pain symptoms from HRT?

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by Maria1, Sep 22, 2021.

1. dangermouse

dangermouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hi @Maria1 - thanks, I'm exhausted by it all but relieved to be home.

I'm so sorry to hear that you get migraines too, they are really debilitating.

I can understand your concerns, I am similar with medications and having to be careful what I take as I'm so sensitive. I had got to a point where I really needed help with perimenopause cyclical mood dips and though the HRT hasn't totally resolved this it has reduced them and intensity, the other improvements ie: dry skin, insomnia, night sweats are a big bonus but I was prepared to ride those out, I just couldn't manage to ride the cyclical mood out. So, I checked to see if it was okay for me to have HRT as I have migraines and the information pointed to transdermal being lower risk.

I've thought about HRT a few times and been concerned about it, but the cyclical mood was the final straw for me and from what I have read (which my foggy mind can't now remember) if hormones are balanced then cyclical mood is helped. It's still early days for me, the HRT is still settling in and I can tell my own hormones are fluctuating in the background at times too.

Yes, currently, I would say that I feel the benefits are outweighing the side effects and I'm hoping things settle more as the months progress.

It's a difficult decision and I was hoping to avoid any extra medication as (like you) it often causes side effects that can be as bad as the issue, but I definitely needed help when the mood issues worsened.

JoanneS, Trish and meg22 like this.