1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Any thoughts please for administering Covid test to a 3 year old?

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by Barry, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Our daughter has two young children, a 6 year old girl and 3 year old girl. They both went back to school and nursery last Monday. The youngest then caught a bug and by Thur they were all self isolating given youngest's temperature had tipped over 38°C; she is pretty much OK now.

But of course they are all now confined to the house for the next two weeks unless youngest shows a clear covid test. Our daughter was given some test kits by the nursery, but they are incredibly invasive and our daughter simply cannot manage to get test samples from a 3 year old, she just won't let her do it, and our daughter is not prepared to put her through the considerable distress it would cause. Had two tries but could not manage it.

Has anyone else encountered this, and any thoughts please?

MEMarge, Sarah94 and Binkie4 like this.
  2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't have any idea of the logistic options. I guess the nursery have to say what they have been told should be done - if they have. I suspect the chances of a false negative are quite high whatever is done now so the two week isolation must be the right way forward anyway.

3. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Many thanks.

MEMarge likes this.
  4. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There is a bit in the on-line Guardian about this. Maybe you need to go to Aberdeen!

FMMM1, MEMarge and Barry like this.