1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anticholinergic syndrome after atropine overdose in a supposedly homeopathic solution: a case report

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Mij, Jun 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh dear, they forgot to homeopath the homeopathy.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15563650.2021.1918704?journalCode=ictx20

2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That's deadly nightshade that is.
    Or nearly deadly.

FMMM1, DokaGirl, Mij and 3 others like this.
  3. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:D

:laugh: I'm sure thats a Holly from Red Dwarf quote! You likely dont watch that but anyone that does will know what i mean:laugh:

4. James Morris-Lent

James Morris-Lent Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My 7th-8th grade math teacher showed that in class for some reason. (Can't remember much about it though.)

DokaGirl likes this.
  5. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Your teacher had class. If you can watch it, you really should. It's on Netflix (at least in the UK) and on Britbox. It has a few changes between series that keep it interesting, but not everyone likes them equally (they're all perfectly watchable though). It also has a loose grasp on continuity (usually handwaved as due to their jumping around in time and between dimensions).

For example, series 1-2 have more of an odd couple format, series 3-6 add more adventure and make it more of an ensemble show, series 7 is a comedy drama, series 8 is a sitcom again but retains the ensemble cast, series 9 is a three-part special also available as a movie and pares the cast right back down again, series 10-12 are more like series 3-6, and The Promised Land is a TV movie.

It's genuinely really funny, and consistently places well in UK polls of the best comedies and best science fiction shows of all time. I think there's also a dedicated cult following in the USA (in the UK it definitely counts as mainstream, though, as it was on BBC2 for years and was their most successful comedy for a long time).

Start at the beginning and don't watch the episodes on YouTube, as they're stretched and sped up to avoid YT's copyright infringement policies.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    Wonko, Mij, James Morris-Lent and 2 others like this.
  6. James Morris-Lent

James Morris-Lent Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Nice. Looks like it's on Prime Video. I'll check it out!

adambeyoncelowe likes this.
  7. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Enjoy!

James Morris-Lent likes this.
  8. Midnattsol

Midnattsol Moderator Staff Member

I did not know atropin was a real name for anything, it is used as a murder weapon by witches in many old Norwegian crime audio plays I listened to when I was younger.

Wyva and Mij like this.
  9. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

As soon as I read the title of this thread I guessed it would be in Germany, and the paper is from Munich. Homeopathy is very popular here and not protected, so homeopathic remedies can have something or nothing or anything in them. Makes it difficult to argue "there's nothing in it" when a lot of homeopathic remedies here actually do have something in them. Looks like the homeopath here didn't shake the bottle long enough.

And yes to Red Dwarf, I watched every episode of every series with my kids. For some reason they said I reminded them of Rimmer.

Trish likes this.