1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Answer to IBS is in the mind" - media coverage of new Chalder/Moss-Morris trial

Discussion in 'Other psychosomatic news and research' started by Esther12, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Amitriptyline does reduce pain for me, but it also gives me tachycardia, so I can't take it. Since tachycardia is a known side effect mentioned on the Patient Information Leaflet I'm wondering if the connection between the Amitriptyline and tachycardia is understood. It strikes me that it could be useful information about my heart health if the connection was understood, by a cardiologist for example.

JohnM, MEMarge, Wonko and 1 other person like this.
  2. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Wot Wonko said. I can’t stand the stuff.

MEMarge and Wonko like this.
  3. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Although a tricyclic it works on seratonin pathway. Do you have seratonin issues?

4. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't know, to be honest. How would I be able to tell?

I suspect that I have difficulty making enough serotonin because I do well on 5-HTP (for depression) which increases serotonin levels. I've been on 5-HTP for years, and was taking it when I first tried amitriptyline. I have never taken a high dose of it though.

MEMarge likes this.
  5. arewenearlythereyet

arewenearlythereyet Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well I made biscuits today. Great recipe ...so quick ....I used raisins instead of currants (used 60g since they were bigger), used gran sugar coz no caster and used whole egg wash because I couldn’t be arsed with separating the white ...but they were delish...especially with coffee.

Thanks @Lucibee

:)

Sorry for the biscuit distraction