1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

An automated system for body temperature monitoring of children, people with disabilities and bedridden people using a continuous analysis, 2020

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Dolphin, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Free full text:
    http://www.diagnostyka.net.pl/An-au...dren-people-with-disabilities,125314,0,2.html

Mainly posting this paper because of this:
    I wonder on what basis they made this claim? Are there published studies that have found this?

Peter Trewhitt and Hutan like this.
  2. Trae

Trae Established Member

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  3. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Anecdotally, people with ME have described having low body temperatures but there has not been any studies done as far as I am aware. It is just one of these things that people believe to be true.

It is another casualty of the bps takeover. It was put forward as one of a cluster of diagnostic features at one point but why would temperature matter in a behavioural disease with no physical signs so no money.

Hutan, alktipping, Binkie4 and 2 others like this.
  4. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yeah, I have this most of the time. A high temp for me is 36.3. Often it's borderline hypothermia level. I've wondered if it's related to sluggish metabolism or blood sugar issues.

My fiance often finds the surface of my skin cold to the touch, even when I feel hot.

Hutan, alktipping, Binkie4 and 2 others like this.