1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Academic Malpractice: Examining the Relationship Between Scientific Journals, the Government, and Peer Review. Hearing today.

Discussion in 'Research methodology news and research' started by Jaybee00, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

US house hearing today.

https://oversight.house.gov/hearing...ific-journals-the-government-and-peer-review/

Horton declined to appear.

Academic Malpractice: Examining the Relationship Between Scientific Journals, the Government, and Peer Review
    Subject
    Academic Malpractice: Examining the Relationship Between Scientific Journals, the Government, and Peer Review
    Date
    April 16, 2024
    Time
    2:00 pm
    Place
    2154 Rayburn House Office Building

Witnesses and testimonies:Holden Thorp, Ph.D.

Editor-in-Chief
    Science Journals, American Association for the Advancement of Science

Document

*Declined to participate* Magdalena Skipper, Ph.D.
    Editor-in-Chief
    Nature

*Declined to participate* Richard Horton, BSc, MB, ChB
    Editor-in-Chief
    The Lancet

MeSci, Sean, Hutan and 3 others like this.
  2. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Roger Pielke testimony here:

https://rogerpielkejr.substack.com/p/proximal-origins-scientific-integrity

Note: This testimony was prepared for the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic for a hearing to be held later today (April 16) titled, Academic Malpractice: Examining the Relationship Between Scientific Journals, the Government, and Peer Review. My testimony won’t be given, due to what I’ve been told was a change in the hearing format (It happens — it is the Hill, no hard feelings). As I completed the testimony prior to learning of the format change, I am sharing it with the Committee and publicly. Committee staff informs me that they will enter my statement into the Congressional Record, for which I am appreciative. Note that this post is too long for email, so click on the title to view in your browser or the Substack app.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    shak8, Sean, alktipping and 4 others like this.