1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

30 parliamentarians from all parties calling for NICE to revise their guidelines on depression

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Esther12, Jul 19, 2018.

1. large donner

large donner Guest

No idea but it does seem amazing how many times Wessely can just be bang smack in the middle of a controversy and just be saying, "nothing to see here".

There's this, ME, Camelford, GWI, it goes on and on.

No coincidence either that in all those issues there's so much confusion and secrecy thrown into the mix somehow.

Wessely and Gerada always seem to have these extremely powerful positions with a big trail of dubious stuff going on around them, its just amazing, I think I'll just call them Bill and Hillary from now on.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    It's M.E. Linda and Inara like this.
  2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That begins to make some sense of it all, yes.
    At bottom it seems maybe that the psychiatric fraternity have to face up to the fact that quality of evidence is not just a matter of following some recipes. It is very complicated. And I have an increasing feeling that the standard trial format may not be the best way to get certain types of information. The only problem is that a better format would currently be considered unethical.

The other possibility of course is that all psychiatric headed notepaper already has Simon Wessely's signature facsimilied at the bottom.

Lucibee, Trish and ukxmrv like this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think I just heard on the radio that cardiologists study cardigans.

TiredSam, Hutan, Trish and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Does that make us cardiologists?

Hutan and Trish like this.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Looks like it! :)