1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

25% ME Group - new website

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Eagles, Jul 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Eagles

Eagles Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The 25% ME Group - for those with severe ME - has a newly designed website -

https://25megroup.org/

From the page "What is severe M.E.?" - https://25megroup.org/me

ME is a WHO classified neurological disease with multi-system dysfunction.

It is a physical disease that in its more severe forms is severely to profoundly disabling.

The most severely affected have multiple serious symptoms, often not investigated or under-investigated, that incapacitate people to such a degree that 25% of them are effectively house bound or bed bound, may use wheelchairs part or full- time and are barely able to move.

There is no cure. There is no consistent or universal treatment. The pain of Severe/Very Severe ME is so extreme that drugs do not touch it, many are forced to take extremely strong drugs to gain minimal reductions in pain level. Others have no pain relief at all due to acute drug sensitivity.

There are a range of serious physical symptoms, with underlying neuro- immune and other physiological implications, which are highlighted further on.

Webdog, Skycloud, Mithriel and 6 others like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I just tried both of those links and all I get is a small box on the page saying ''New website coming soon'', and giving contact details.
    It's possible you have access that is not yet public.

Barry, Melanie, Indigophoton and 4 others like this.
  3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Yep, same for me.

Barry, Starlight, Melanie and 3 others like this.
  4. Eagles

Hello Trish and Andy,

That's very odd and I can't explain it. I don't have special access or anything - I'm just looking at the site on a normal laptop using the chrome browser.

Barry and Melanie like this.
  5. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

If it has only gone active in the last few hours, it may take some time for the address to propagate through domain name servers.

6. Eagles

Although it was definitely working OK for me earlier it isn't doing so now. Maybe they are just testing it before getting it online properly.

Starlight, Binkie4, Hutan and 2 others like this.
  7. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Tried several browsers on my iPad, Chrome, Safari and Puffin, but got the 'new website coming soon' message

Melanie likes this.
  8. Alis

Alis Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It is up now and working - [I sent a request for something specific on there contact us form]

Andy and Indigophoton like this.
  9. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

It looks like the site is still being written - there's very little content yet.

10. Alis

Yea a work in progress

Skycloud, Trish and Barry like this.
  11. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Still getting the holding page

Alis likes this.
  12. Alis

I recently joined the 25%me group closed facebook group.It is wonderful. so supportive and so many other things!
    I don't think you need to be a member of the 25% group to join but you have to be either housebound or bedbound. but I cant recommend it enough for any one who is severe/ very severe. I think international people can join too [have aussie and Spanish members ]

Indigophoton, Skycloud, Trish and 2 others like this.
  13. Eagles

The 25% ME group new website is now definitely up and running –

25% ME Group Launches New Website

https://25megroup.org/25-me-group-launches-new-website

By Simon Lawrence

Sound the fanfares!! We are delighted to launch our new website, which is now live, and also to apologise for any inconvenience caused to members, as our old site had to be suspended for a few weeks since it was not GDPR compliant, and also to enable construction of the new site. This again, along with many other changes that we have had to make, has been an involved undertaking, but I hope you will agree, it has been well worth it!

The site has new interactive functions like: fully digital membership forms, renewing slips, e-news slips and the like. This will enable people who visit our site to be able to join online and allow members who are able, to renew and pay online, which we hope will help some people.

We hope that the new layout and colours will be good for members to see and navigate around; we tried to make sure that the colour scheme would be acceptable for people with severe ME, as well as the general public who may visit our site (ie not to bright and ‘in-your-face’.) We hope members find this helpful…

Sly Saint, Skycloud, Sean and 6 others like this.