1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

“Inspirational story of victory in the Library of Alexandria”

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Dolphin, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

For what it is worth:

Inspirational story of victory in the Library of Alexandria
    ---------------------------------------

'Bibliotheca Alexandria' has organized at the Conference Center a lecture entitled “Invisible Disabilities”, in which it hosted Dr. Ayman Youssef, one of the inspiring models of people with disabilities who suffers from a rare disorder in the central nervous system and muscle marrow. Dr. Ayman was able to face his illness by specializing in it as the first Egyptian and Arab to present the first international scientific thesis on Invisible disabilities and their syndromes of fibromyalgia disorders and chronic fatigue syndrome known as myalgic
    encephalomyelitis- or Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease, as well as central sensitivity syndrome in the brain and spinal cord, through his studies for a master's degree and a professional doctorate from New York International University.

continues at:
    https://see.news/bibliotheca-alexandrina-ayman-youssef

2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I've just read the article. It looks like complete nonsense. It seems to be intended to be about ME, FM and central sensitisation, but the ideas are garbled.
    This is the last section:

And what on earth is 'muscle marrow'?

Does New York International University exist?

Hutan, shak8, Wyva and 4 others like this.
  3. Shadrach Loom

Shadrach Loom Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Barely. I might get one of their mail-order professional doctorates myself, in macrame or something.

https://www.ny-iu.com/

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    Hutan, shak8, Wyva and 4 others like this.
  4. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"...rare disorder of....muscle marrow." Huh? Bone marrow there is, but no muscle marrow that I've ever heard of.
    Poor translation.

NY International University is obviously an unaccredited "university" as they say they are "non-academic." Therefore their course offerings mean s**t. And the website...yikes, can't even get photos in the correct format. And "perfect experts"....again, a bad translation problem.

This could mean that the e-learning business is owned by people outside the US.

eta: ditto what Trish picked out, muscle marrow. Perhaps muscle mettle, as in strength? Who knows.

eta 2: Sounds like a fraudalent rip off to the unsophisiticated (poor) student who will waste money on bogus credentials. Should be flagged.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023