1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warnings against dangerous Miracle Mineral Solution (bleach)

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Andy, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

The Guardian: 'Church' to offer 'miracle cure' despite FDA warnings against drinking bleach

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ent-despite-fda-warnings-against-miracle-cure

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2023
    Chezboo, ScottTriGuy, Lisa108 and 7 others like this.
  2. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sounds a bit like the lightning process. With bleach of course.

3. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I wouldn't buy it, it's not even as effective as domestos.

4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I hope the perpetrators of this are sent to prison for a very long time.

ScottTriGuy, Joel, Lisa108 and 12 others like this.
  5. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That's some dangerous snake oil. Why not just suck on some drain cleaner?

6. Wonko

Didn't this debate go on either here, or at the other place, for some considerable time. It must have or I wouldn't know anything about it.

So I'm surprised that everybody doesn't know about it, and at least part of why my first post in this thread was so flippant is I thought everybody was aware of MMS

7. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

These type of things seem to combine the same features every time.

People,"desperate, affluent, and suggestible" in search of help, combined with control via means such as establishing a brand new type of religion, or setting oneself up as an ultimate authority (that is without any credentials).

A 2010 article from The Guardian about this:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/sep/15/miracle-mineral-solutions-mms-bleach

8. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think it may be why S4ME exists.

9. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Reality denial meets death :(
    This is what easy answers and conspiracy theories and alternative facts gets us...

10. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

11. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes someone who was pushing it at the other site. I remember that thread and debating whether to get involved. It seemed like a whack head against wall type of exercise, the individual promoting it as a remedy for autism insisted that it was not bleach. At that point I figured it was useless engaging with them.

Mij, Mithriel, ScottTriGuy and 3 others like this.
  12. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wow, that is an amazing miracle. :rolleyes: But seriously, isn't that illegal?

rvallee, Mij, Wonko and 2 others like this.
  13. edawg81

edawg81 Established Member

They should be in jail for false advertising and endangering the public.

[​IMG]

14. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Yes. However, I'm guessing that, as they have built up the trappings of a religion around taking it, they are hoping that this will allow them to sidestep the existing law.

Little Bluestem, shak8, Mij and 4 others like this.
  15. Wonko

all the best miracles are illegal;

Water into wine, wine is alcoholic, various taxes and duties are payable, not to mention lots of certification before it can legally be distributed.

loaves and fishes, unauthorised gathering, food preparation and distribution to the public, in a public place, without correct permits, non payment of relevant duties and taxes.

etc. (I don't currently remember a lot of miracles)

ETA - curing at least one leper - isn't practicing medicine without a license illegal? Was there informed consent?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  16. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

As a religious person, this sort of abuse of religion also angers me.

Ebb Tide, Trish, Wonko and 1 other person like this.
  17. wdb

wdb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Merged thread

FDA warns consumers about the dangerous and potentially life threating side effects of Miracle Mineral Solution

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers not to purchase or drink a product sold online as a medical treatment due to a recent rise in reported health issues. Since 2010, the FDA has warned consumers about the dangers of Miracle or Master Mineral Solution, Miracle Mineral Supplement, MMS, Chlorine Dioxide (CD) Protocol, Water Purification Solution (WPS) and other similar products. Miracle Mineral Solution has not been approved by the FDA for any use, but these products continue to be promoted on social media as a remedy for treating autism, cancer, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis and flu, among other conditions. However, the solution, when mixed, develops into a dangerous bleach which has caused serious and potentially life-threatening side effects...

The FDA recently received new reports of people experiencing severe vomiting, severe diarrhea, life-threatening low blood pressure caused by dehydration and acute liver failure after drinking these products. The FDA is not aware of any scientific evidence supporting the safety or effectiveness of MMS products, despite claims that the solution is an antimicrobial, antiviral and antibacterial. The FDA encourages consumers to talk to a health care professional about treating medical conditions or diseases.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pre...y-life-threating-side-effects-miracle-mineral

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2023
  18. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

19. Hip

Hip Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yet what is in effect Miracle Mineral Solution is also sold as an injectable pharmaceutical drug which is licensed for use in the treatment of radiation cystitis, diabetic foot ulcers, and wound healing (due to its immunomodulatory macrophage activating effects).

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    S-VV likes this.
  20. wdb

wdb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Do you have the drug name, is it the same chemicals in comparable quantities ?