1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

BioSticker & BioButton medical grade wearables

Discussion in 'Research methodology news and research' started by Ravn, Aug 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ash, Hutan, alktipping and 7 others like this.
  2. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sounds potentially exciting for ME research, even just to provide a better description of our symptoms even before evaluating any interventions.

Ash, Hutan, Ravn and 4 others like this.
  3. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just saw on the news here that these have been used for remote monitoring of Covid patients and that NZ is going to trial them for other conditions.

A quick google shows trials elsewhere, too. Mainly, it seems, for cancer patients at high risk of infections due to their lowered immunity. The patches seem to be good at picking up changes in body temperature and the algorithm takes into account the individual patients' normal when assessing the relevance of changes in temperature (something literally coldblooded me has long been wondering about)

Didn't see anything regarding the other stuff the device monitors, like body position, RHR and gait, but only looked for 30 seconds.

Still think that if it works as advertised this device would have some very useful applications in ME research

NelliePledge, Ash, Hutan and 2 others like this.