1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

YouTube: An Existence Project - Paper Stop motion Animation About ME/CFS by Inga Topolnicki

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is a 6 minute film created by Inga Topolnicki. I thought it was moving and impressively well made!

From the description:
    An Existence Project is a short stop-motion animation about what it is like to live with mild or moderate Myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).

It was created by Inga Topolnicki using handmade watercolour paper props.

She decided to make this film so there would be something accessible people could show their friends and family which would help them communicate the complex aspects of living with this chronic illness.

Illness forces you to rest in place so much that you begin to notice the little details of objects around you.

The intricate aesthetic of this animation emerged from this increased awareness and an appreciation of the things around Inga’s home that became her whole world.

Chronic illness isolates us physically from others but also from society by a lack of understanding.

Inga wants this film to help connect people again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUrPFqGONM8

2. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

beautiful, very nicely done i liked it very much. shared it on my fb which i wouldnt normally

3. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Extremely well made and very effective. :thumbup:

4. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

5. hellytheelephant

hellytheelephant Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A really good piece of work in all ways- I will be sharing it to FB etc.
    L

ahimsa, Kalliope and Trish like this.
  6. wingate

wingate Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for sharing, @Kalliope! This was a beautifully-done video. I thought it illustrated the illness and what we go through so well. I think my favorite part was when the friend stopped by to share a cup of tea with his friend in bed - a very tender moment (and so special when someone demonstrates empathy and just gets it!).

ahimsa, Kalliope, Trish and 2 others like this.
  7. Colin

Colin Established Member (Voting Rights)

I was surprized to find that this was by an Aussie as no-one had mentioned it. Very nice indeed. I've never seen anything that really attempted to convey the texture and time-dilation of the situation. I'd be tempted to use it to give people some idea of what it is like but I think that it would give them a false impression. I'm not nearly so lovely!

ahimsa, Kalliope, oldtimer and 2 others like this.