1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes and writes the CDC guidelines and who updates them?

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by Yessica, Jul 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Yessica

Yessica Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So frustrated! Can't go into more now though want to. Years of CDC's ME/CFS site frustrations and now COVID guideline frustrations. So dangerous and affecting lives.

Who makes and writes the CDC guidelines and who updates them?

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

3. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  5. Yessica

Yessica Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks Trish. I was talking about the guidelines in general. For covid, and most likely for others, there's layers and layers of them.

Sorry I shouldn't have assumed. Thanks Peter!

Thanks, Hutan. Not able to look at that link at this time, yet assumed since most other pages that I've seen have been lacking or misleading, etc. that this one would have been tooo.

Edit: add a missing word and below.

I don't want to derail my thread so adding this edit here to this edit I saw later.
    Also there's other threads here (?) and elsewhere about areas that need help in the CDC's pages on ME/CFS especially for us who are on the severe side.

This site IS better than it was. A big thank you to @Medfeb and others who have worked and work so hard on this, have made it much better and are still working hard to try to make more happen with it. Not an easy task at all! Thank you medfeb and everyone involved in making it better, for all your work on this and everything you do!

As a person who is on the severe side, the wording of the site has caused me endless stress and problems within the medical profession, with people who know me, with the general population who reads it and anywhere I reach out for help.

As a severe person needing help the wording has made my life much harder and more difficult. In addition most people don't read past the first page, dig deeper or think further about what that may mean.

A few more words (or sentences) could be added here and there or said differently or some left out and it could cover the spectrum of what it's like to have ME so much better and not so easily leave the impression it leaves of those of us that are on the severe end (can't think right now how to word these next words better) that we must be doing something wrong.

Much more I can say and specifics I could give yet don't want to derail my thread more than I just did and there's pages long threads discussing this elsewhere.

Edited this which is above, foggy brain still isn't getting the words as well as I'd like.:/

This site IS better than it was. A big thank you to @Medfeb and others who have worked and work so hard on this, have made it much better and are still working hard to try to make more happen with it. Not an easy task at all! Thank you @Medfeb and everyone involved in making it better, for all your work on this and everything you do!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020