1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

What Role for Autoimmunity, Neuroinflammation, and Small Fiber Neuropathy in Fibromyalgia, CFS [...] ? (2019) Ryabkova et al.

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Sly Saint, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Review
    Neuroimmunology: What Role for Autoimmunity, Neuroinflammation, and Small Fiber Neuropathy in Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Adverse Events after Human Papillomavirus Vaccination?

https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/20/20/5164/htm

ukxmrv, Ryan31337, Annamaria and 6 others like this.
  2. daftasabrush

daftasabrush Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just came across this today. What's your view?

I think OMF was looking into an autoimmune response causing / worsening ME, but only for a subset of patients.

Some of their early statements have very limited single success eg evidence of neuroinflammation in fibromyalgia - citing a single small only

The central sensitization hypothesis is based on very flimpsy evidence. The more I look into it the less there is.

I always find it a bit dubious to hear of overlapping symptoms between FM and CFS - just because many people have both doesn't make the a common origin involved - loads of illnesses have fatigue, brain fog, pain and insomnia. I notice that are using the newer FM criteria without the tender points so they will be finding a much larger group have CFS.

Mithriel and adambeyoncelowe like this.