1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

US Petition: Funding dedicated to the research of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 'ME/CFS' to develop a diagnostic test, treatment, and Cure

Discussion in 'Petitions' started by Andy, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Spotted this on social media.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...fs-develop-diagnostic-test-treatment-and-cure

Perrier, shak8, andypants and 3 others like this.
  2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm finding this a bit odd.

How are people to know the petition is there beyond as you did @Andy 'spot it'? Maybe it's out there on social media somewhere.

The statistical facts don't seem at all up to date either. The 4:1 ratio for female/male. The peek incidence age could be right but I think we don't really know for sure do we? I think there are more certain/different things they could have said with more impact.

Would be good to know more about the person(s) behind petition and more specifics of what they want and why. I mean, it can be a very good idea or would it be more useful to invest money in doing collaborative research where infrastructure is already present? (I don't know the answer to this)

Perrier, shak8, Andy and 1 other person like this.