1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

US healthcare providers receive CME credit for watching Unrest and new diagnosis and management video

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Joh, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From the Unrest website:

Watch Unrest and receive CME credit

US healthcare providers can now watch Unrest and receive continuing education credits through the American Medical Women’s Association and Indiana University School of Medicine.

THE FOLLOWING STEPS WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY TWO HOURS:
    1. Register

2. Open your email to receive the code for the film

3. Watch Unrest

4. Watch a 10 minute clip about the diagnosis and management of ME

5. Take the online test

More info: https://www.unrest.film/cme/

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Judee, WillowJ, rvallee and 21 others like this.
  2. Joh

ahimsa, Kalliope, MSEsperanza and 3 others like this.
  3. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Established Member (Voting Rights)

Message regarding CME credit for watching Unrest sent to my PCP here in the US. Let's see if he bites.:nailbiting:

WillowJ, andypants and Joh like this.
  4. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thread merged

"
    [​IMG]
    Unrest Film

Published on Oct 16, 2018 This video on the diagnosis and management of myalgic encephalomyelitis and chronic fatigue syndrome is part of the Unrest Continuing Education module, made available through the American Medical Women’s Association and Indiana University School of Medicine, and in partnership with #MEAction. US medical providers can visit: https://www.unrest.film/cme to register to watch Unrest online for free and receive Continuing Education credit. Are you a patient or ally interested in organizing Continuing Education screenings of Unrest for medical providers? Learn more here: http://meaction.net/unrest-ce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC9TjgE_PlU

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2018
    WillowJ, ahimsa, Gecko and 14 others like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I think that's a really good video. I hope lots of doctors watch it.

WillowJ, Kalliope, Hutan and 6 others like this.
  6. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well made video, though a couple references to the movie make it ideal to watch Unrest first
    My suggestion would have been to edit those out and reword it a bit so watching it would be unnecessary, though it already mostly is unnecessary.

Invisible Woman and Sasha like this.
  7. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Can we try for this in UK?

Invisible Woman likes this.
  8. JenB

JenB Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So glad you like the video! Just to clarify, this is the video that doctors are meant to view directly after they watch Unrest in order to receive credit, which is why it is so closely tied to the film. Although we had the option to accredit the film alone, we really wanted to give physicians a way to take what is an experiential learning experience (the film) and structure that learning in practical ways to help them diagnose/recognize the disease and help patients manage symptoms.

Our goal is to accredit the film in other countries (right now, we are talking with potential partners in Canada, Australia and in the UK). Depending on the requirements of medical accreditation in these countries, we’d likely reshoot a version of this video with an expert doctor in each location, modifying the script for local needs.

My hope in the long-run is to work with various partners to create longer-form (more-in-depth, technical) educational training modules but hopefully Unrest + the video can pique interest and be a “gateway drug” for medical providers to start taking an interest in ME.

We also want to create less technical, accessible educational videos for the public and newly diagnosed patients. Everything always takes longer than we would hope. But we’ll get there, step-by-step!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Judee, WillowJ, Jim001 and 27 others like this.
  9. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"
    Mobilize your Medical Providers to Watch Unrest for Credit

We are so thrilled to announce that US healthcare providers – including doctors, nurses, pharmacists, therapists and social workers – can now watch Unrest and receive continuing education credits through the American Medical Women’s Association and Indiana University School of Medicine, in partnership with #MEAction.

Healthcare providers can attend a live, continuing education event screening of Unrest – at a theater, hospital, university, clinic or community center – or register to watch Unrest online; watch a 10-minute video on the diagnosis & management of ME by Dr. David Kaufman; take a short test; and receive 2.0 American Medical Association PRA Category 1 Credits™."

https://www.meaction.net/2018/10/17...r-credit/?mc_cid=2f64a9f4e3&mc_eid=c1fdea04b1

WillowJ, rvallee, andypants and 2 others like this.
  10. Alvin

That makes a lot of sense now, he mentioned names that people would not know unless they watched the movie and i wondered why some things had implied context from Unrest so i get it now.

That is awesome, my GP recently retired and i got a new graduate as a replacement who knew nothing about ME, i printed a review written a few years back and gave it to her to read but videos designed for doctors would be great. Not too long ago i had listened to the podcasts from Figure 1 which were very interesting, i wonder if they would ever consider doing an ME clip. I might try to summon the energy to ask them.
    https://figure1.com/ddx/

This would be great to have as references so i really look forward to seeing them :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    adambeyoncelowe, Trish and andypants like this.
  11. Joh

12. Alvin

I missed this thread when it was posted but this is very good news. If it were also accredited in Canada that would be great :)

rvallee, DokaGirl, Kalliope and 2 others like this.
  13. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

14. Tom Kindlon

15. Tom Kindlon

16. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I hope lots of doctors watch. When I saw the training video I was blown away by how good it is.

Thanks for all the work that goes into this project!

JaimeS, andypants, ahimsa and 2 others like this.