1. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th January 2021 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK Job Vacancies at Sheffield ME & Fibro Group - please share with any Sheffield networks

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Gecko, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Gecko

Gecko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The below is from Sheffield ME & Fibromyalgia Group. Would be grateful if people could distribute around any Sheffield related networks and/or share with people who may be interested in applying. I'll attach as a word doc too in case you want to download and send that way. Thanks!

Job Vacancies at Sheffield ME & Fibromyalgia Group
    We are excited to be recruiting 3 new members of staff to join our team. They will significantly expand the service we are able to offer members and reach out to many more people living with the debilitating chronic illnesses myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) and fibromyalgia in South Yorkshire.

Information on each role is below including links to the adverts, job description and person specification, and application form where applicable. Please distribute widely across your networks.

Activities Coordinator
    A part-time Activities Coordinator wanted to support and enable those suffering with ME/CFS or Fibromyalgia to join in activities and reduce isolation.

Sessional. £13 per hour, 13 hours/week until Feb 28th 2019.

· Job Advert here
    · Job Description & Person Specification here
    · Application form here

To apply, please email the application form, including the supporting statement to applications@sheffieldmegroup.co.uk by noon Monday 15th October 2018.  Please ensure you address the requirements in the person specification.

Information Officer
    Gather, develop, and design high quality information using a range of media to disseminate to and engage with people with ME and fibromyalgia in their communities and online.

£21,000 pro rata. 30 hours/week. 20 days holiday + statutory holiday pro rata. Pension entitlement.

· Job Advert here

To apply, please download the job description and person specification and send your CV along with supporting statement (maximum 2 sides of A4, ensuring you address the requirements in the person specification) to applications@sheffieldmegroup.co.uk by midnight Monday 22nd October 2018.

Benefits Adviser
    The postholder will work to ensure those affected by myalgic encephalomyelitis or fibromyalgia can fully access the benefits they are entitled to, through tailored welfare benefits advice and support.

£21,000 pro rata. 18 hours/week. 20 days holiday + statutory holiday pro rata. Pension entitlement.

· Job Advert here

To apply, please download the job description and person specification and send your CV along with supporting statement (maximum 2 sides of A4, ensuring you address the requirements in the person specification) to applications@sheffieldmegroup.co.uk by midnight Monday 22nd October 2018.

Sheffield ME and Fibromyalgia Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Post-holders will undergo a DBS check. Data protection: please note that when applying your data will be held in accordance with our recruitment privacy policy. Registered Charity 1095416.

Attached Files:

andypants, JohnM, Trish and 4 others like this.
  2. Gecko

Just boosting this. Deadline for the activities coordinator role is this coming Monday, 15th.

andypants, adambeyoncelowe and Trish like this.
  3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Hi @Gecko is this on a website somewhere I could link to on Facebook I want to share with local group further south in case they know anyone who might be able to get involved

andypants likes this.
  4. Gecko

5. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Would MEA put a link to this on their website?

Gecko and andypants like this.
  6. Gecko

@MEMarge thanks for the suggestion and sorry for the slow reply. I think we're aiming a bit more at Sheffield/South Yorkshire networks and MEA are more national. Charles Shepherd is at the groups conference today though so I'll get someone to ask him. Still predominantly housebound so can't be there to meet him myself. Admittedly I've left this a bit late now as deadline is Monday but we'll see.

andypants, MEMarge and Trish like this.