1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Treatment and management of chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis: all roads lead to Rome, 2017, Castro-Marrero et al.

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Suffolkres, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Suffolkres

Suffolkres Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Invisible Woman and Hutan like this.
  3. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am afraid from this is a Morecambe/Previn muddle to me - all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order. I keep thinking I am not going to be further surprised by how poor journal editing is but it saddens me that the British Journal of Pharmacology should print something so meandering and full of not quite right statements.

We need more than researchers to have their hearts in the right place. We need them to know what they are doing.

4. Suffolkres

Suffolkres Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's clear I should have read this in more detail!.........

5. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Jonathan, it's a muddle. The assessment of ME/CFS treatment trials is very inadequate - the authors needed to have a lot more skepticism. Statements contradict each other, and together all add up to an approach that is very vague, and could support anything so long as it is 'personalised and integrated'.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021