1. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 16th November 2020 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, NICE have published their draft guideline for ME/CFS, click here to read about it.
    Dismiss Notice

The European ME Coalition (EMEC) presents three new fact sheets

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Michiel Tack, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Michiel Tack

Michiel Tack Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The European ME Coalition (EMEC) presents three new fact sheets about ME/CFS. We hope these will help to inform politicians and key policymakers about the need for biomedical research on ME/CFS in Europe.

upload_2020-8-18_13-28-32.png

The documents briefly summarize key facts about the economic and societal impact of ME/CFS in Europe and the recent efforts made by ME/CFS advocates including the petition submitted by Evelien Van Den Brink.

There are three fact sheets: a long one with ample scientific references, a short one with key figures and pictograms, and a third one that focuses on recommendations to Member States made in the recently adopted European resolution on ME/CFS.

The factsheets are available in the link below:
    https://europeanmecoalition.com/fact-sheets/

Thanks to the S4ME members who provided feedback on earlier drafts of the large factsheet!

Attached Files:

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's a rounding error because of the scale but the true economic costs are €40B + whatever direct expenses are wasted on the psychosocial ideology, which is the sum of all the "researchers", resources, services and clinics applying the denial-based psychosocial ideology.

It's a small detail but it should be noted that not only is this a massive economic loss, this loss are the result of planned direct expenses. In order words: people pay to waste enormous sums. Out of public funds. SMART.

alktipping, Joh and sebaaa like this.