1. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 27th July 2020 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, the DecodeME study has announced £3.2m of funding, click here to read about it.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell Your Representative to SUPPORT INCREASED FUNDING FOR POST-VIRAL-DISEASE RESEARCH INTO ME/CFS!

Discussion in 'Advocacy Action Alerts' started by Emily Taylor, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tell Your Representative "SUPPORT INCREASED FUNDING FOR POST-VIRAL-DISEASE RESEARCH INTO ME/CFS!"

Thanks to your hard work during ME/CFS Advocacy Week, Representative Jaime Raskin (MD-08) introduced H.R. 7057, The Understanding COVID-19 Subsets and ME/CFS Act.

Ask your Representative to co-sponsor H.R. 7057 today!

Last month, longtime ME/CFS champion Representative Jaime Raskin of Maryland’s 8th Congressional district introduced landmark legislation for ME/CFS research. H.R. 7057, The Understanding COVID-19 Subsets and ME/CFS Act.

When passed, this legislation will bolster ME/CFS research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) by including an additional $60 million for expanded research opportunities looking at connections between ME/CFS and COVID-19 survivors. It will also enable existing public education programs to include ME/CFS and post-viral disease information, with a focus on early diagnosis.

“We cannot let the number of ME/CFS cases rise due to a lack of research and understanding. As we battle the coronavirus, this critical legislation will help us respond to this ME/CFS hidden health crisis. While we are facing a monumentally dangerous public health crisis, we must take all necessary steps not only to stem the spread of COVID-19, but also to prevent and control its lasting repercussions.”

— Representative Jaime Raskin (MD-08)

Read more about Representative Raskin’s Legislation

Please contact your Representative TODAY and ask them to ask them to sign-on to this effort.

[​IMG]

petrichor, Kalliope, sebaaa and 12 others like this.
  2. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

For those in the US, this is very very important and only takes a minute of your time to ask your representative to support this legislation instructing the NIH to double their research funding into ME/CFS.

This is the link to the easy to fill in form. You MUST fill in the Prefix - Mr/Mrs etc in order to find your representative.
    https://solvecfs.secure.force.com/actions/kwac__takeaction?actionId=AR00094

@Trish can you please add a note about this call to action for the Sunday news update. It's incredibly important that enough people send messages asking for support.

petrichor, rvallee, sebaaa and 7 others like this.
  3. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

An item has been written by one of the team.

4. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The "Take Action" link doesn't work. Is it just a temporary glitch, or is there another link which is better to use?

ahimsa, Yessica and Trish like this.
  5. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

An email has been sent to Emily Taylor about this - others have noticed the issue too.

Thank you :)

ahimsa, Yessica, Trish and 1 other person like this.