1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sympathetic Nervous System (SNS) issues ?

Discussion in 'General and other signs and symptoms' started by Amw66, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Over the past 3-4 weeks my daughter seems to have developed a SNS stuck in overdrive. It is not sustainable, making things worse.

I have a call with GP this morning, but am not sure what can be used to support/ address things. If anyone has been in a similar position and has any pointers , i' d be very grateful.
    Our GP is empathetic and will refer on / prescribe.

Key issue is sleep. She is wired but tired- exhausted but cannot tip over into sleep. Not sleeping until 4/5/6/7 am and then only lightly for a few hours.
    We had been prescribed phenergen previously which made her feel sleepier but didn' t actually induce sleep. It also made her feel that her insides were burning the first couple of times she took it.

Pain increased ( as sleep poor) . Muscles tight, neck stiff and sore extending to muscle attachments in head / on shoulders. This makes background headache worse.

Lymphs like rocks

Dizziness increased - both generally but also developed the " being on a rocky boat" feeling

Heart feels as though it is racing - but it is not

Adrenaline on " on"

Anxious - impending doom / edge of panic attack. Crying just ramps up headache x10 and provides no relief.

It seems like being on a permanent fight or flight mode.

Previous symptoms, particularly around period suggest estrogen imbalance , @JaimeS ' s vitex agnus castus has been a great discovery for air hunger and pre menstrual symptoms and has helped.
    Sleep ( no sleep) started being
    an issue at beginning/ end of menses, had been less of an issue, now is a general issue.

She does have signs that H. Pylori/ SIBO may be prevalent and i will request testing. She had H. Pylori 18 months ago.

She is just stuck in this horrible loop and it is not good at all.

shak8, Annamaria, Pyrrhus and 4 others like this.