1. Guest, click here to read the 'News in Brief' post for w/c 7th Oct.
    Dismiss Notice

Sweden: ME-conferences Oct. 16th-17th

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Kalliope, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think these conferences have been mentioned in the "News from Scandinavia"-thread, but as they will be live-streamed and one of the lectures is in English by Jarred Younger (via video), I'm making a separate thread so that the conferences can be added to the calendar.

The Swedish ME Association (Riksförbundet för ME-patienter) is organising conferences about ME for the 12th year in a row. They will be held in Stockholm and Umeå.

Programme (translated from Swedish)
    • Jesper Mehlsen - Meeting ME/CFS patients in the clinic
    • Petter Brodin/Per Julin - INMEST-treatment, immunology and brain imaging in ME
    • Jarred Younger - The Brain on Fire
    • Sture Eriksson - Living with ME/CFS - A survey among RME's members
    • Jonas Bergquist - What do we know about ME/CFS? What do we think we know? What is uncertain?
    More information here
    https://rme.nu/konferenser/

The livestream will be on YouTube. Here is link to their YouTube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYOw04J29tY5hTLDtdjoaog

The conference in Stockholm is Wednesday Oct. 16th from 13.00 - 17.00 local time
    The conference in Umeå Thursday Oct. 17th is from 13.00 - 17.00 local time

2. Lisa108

Lisa108 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Time zone converter here

3. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Here is link to the filming of the conference starting tomorrow at 13.00 local time.

4. Peter

Peter Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Watched the start of the conference. Mehlsen seems like a compassionate and sensible guy. Being critical to vaccines and highlighting possible side-effects, will always be controversial, but I thought doctor Mehlsen gave a good impression. Must be nice for our danish friends to have this doctor weighing in vs. Fink.

There will be a big difference between old and new patients going to a clinic like this and similar clinics. Must be a blessing to meet the approach of Mehlsen as a new patient. Then there should be a whole lot important to learn. That’s good. For the other ones, the ones who have been around for a while, the value is probably quite limited. I guess “old patients” have figured out most things by themself long time ago, when it comes to what will work and not on a daily basis.

For everybody it could obviously be worth trying to treat symptoms with the usual stuff, but it’s sad we’re not better off in that department.

Lisa108, Anna H, Amw66 and 2 others like this.
  5. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Jarred Younger's talk is scheduled to start in 5 minutes:

Lisa108, Kalliope, Anna H and 2 others like this.