1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Surrey Live: Grandma with severe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome misses daughter's wedding and grandchildren's childhoods

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Eagles, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Eagles

Eagles Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Grandma with severe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome misses daughter's wedding and grandchildren's childhoods

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/grandma-severe-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-15311621

The cruel condition affects 250,000 people in the UK

An 80-year-old from Farnham has had to skip every family gathering, birthday and Christmas over the past 20 years after a shock diagnosis of a devastating ‘living death’ illness.

Nancy Collins a former NHS nurse was struck down with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) 20 years ago at the age of 60. She was just months into her retirement after a long and happy 40-year career saving lives...

2. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just too pem’ed to post currently partly as a result of seeing grandchildren last week.
    Truly felt so, so sad at having to say ‘no’ to granddaughter asking me to play a board game with her.

andypants, Starlight, Amw66 and 7 others like this.