1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stanford Community Symposium 2018: Moreau

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by Trish, Sep 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

This thread has been split from the Stanford Community Symposium 2018 thread.

(Copied post)
    I'm enjoying it. I'm not sure I'll remember much of it, but I like that I'm seeing that there's real progress towards understanding at least some of what it going on.

One interesting point from Maureen Hanson - her metabolomics study findings match well with Naviaux and other studies.

Alain Moreau's micro RNA data looks interesting too, in that they are finding definite differences from healthy controls and finding subgroups.

And Jonas Bergquist has found interesting metabolites in cerebrospinal fluid that are indicative of inflammation, if I understood it correctly.

And Ron Davis explained that the virus testing they did with blood would show any viruses anywhere in the body [edit - and they found less than in healthy controls]. And they are moving on to check for RNA viruses, and other types of pathogens.

That's all I can remember!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2018
    Little Bluestem likes this.