1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Illnesses in Nebraska Tied to Exosome Therapy

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Milo, Dec 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

MEMarge and mango like this.
  3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Aren't we at the stage where we are essentially trying to figure out what they are and do at all, what is inside them? That's so irresponsible.

mango and Milo like this.
  4. Milo

It’s been used for years in the alternative medicine, with or without expertise needed. Think about Cheney’s patients who went to Costa Rica, some of them more than once, at 20K a pop, for stem cell treatments?
    There has been a few patients who blogged their treatment plans for stem cell therapy, and the name of clinics were displayed, and while I would not remember their name, i remembered the so-called treatment would be nearly 100,000.

What gave me red flags on this article is the word ‘exosome’ which is a term discussed in research and i think as a patient community we need to be careful about interpreting these deliberation and not being so reactive with assuming this is the final word and that something must be done today.

Then how do you know you deal with a reputable lab that processes biological samples correctly to prevent transmission of diseases and infections? How do you know the treatment is effective? Were there independent studies that were sufficiently powered to assess safety and efficacy?

mango, chrisb and Trish like this.
  5. borko2100

borko2100 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That's quite interesting. Did people become ill due to the exosomes themselves or because they were contaminated with something? If certain exosomes can indeed be disease-causing, that could be quite relevant to the search for 'the something in the blood'.

6. Milo

How could stem cells target specifically exosomes? It does not make sense. Using place ta stem cells from someone else involves risks, the first one is peripartum infection, including physical handling of the placenta which is often done using non sterile gloves. The mother may carry infection, which would be present in the placenta

Then comes the issue of extracting and preserving the stem cells-

Stem cell ‘transplant’ in the case of Lymphomas, leukemias and myelomas are the only use i know of which are legitimate.