1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Senator Dianne Feinstein tweeted about ME yesterday!

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Milo, Dec 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

TiredSam, ahimsa, zzz and 29 others like this.
  2. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

No doubt this is the result of successful advocacy.

Yessica, lycaena, Sean and 12 others like this.
  3. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Only 35 years late. If you follow a politician’s statements for three decades, sooner or later they will make a favorable statement about a topic you care about.
    Successful politicians normally get that adjective by exercising an ability to persuade a plurality of people that they are solving the problems the pol works to exacerbate.

Let me know when they defund and close NCCIM, the quackery promoting vanity project started by Tom Hayden (an wealthy old hippie) and a rep funded by supplement mfrs. In one year NCCIM burns through more $$ than has been spent on ME/CFS, ever, in the entire world. NCCIM has (to my knowledge) never discovered and proven a new or even improved medical treatment.

4. duncan

duncan Senior Member (Voting Rights)

You don't want to know what I thought, at first glance, mfrs was an abbreviation for. :rolleyes:

Sisyphus, DokaGirl and chrisb like this.
  5. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Knowing nothing about this, I set out to investigate. On-line information gives Tom Harkin, not Hayden, as the driving force behind the NCCIM, or its predecessors. This may not necessarily be correct..

6. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ahimsa, MEMarge, zzz and 15 others like this.
  7. Sisyphus

Whoops, thanks. I didn’t check the name, just pulled it from memory. Such things tend to run together in casual thoughts. Hayden seems to have been a state assembly rep not a US Congressman.

chrisb and Michelle like this.
  8. Sisyphus

Chuckle. Yes they are that for the most part. OTOH, some of the things I’ve found somewhat helpful are classified as supplements. They’d cost quite a bit more if they were Rx, and perhaps wouldn’t be available as Rx. Who’s going to fund full clinical trials for stuff you can’t patent?

duncan likes this.
  9. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

To put this in perspective California has a population of ~40 million people, but only two senators. Both are supporters of ME/CFS causes.

Milo, ahimsa, rvallee and 2 others like this.