1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Post-bacterial infection chronic fatigue syndrome is not a latent infection. Melenotte et al. (2019).

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by ME/CFS Skeptic, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Epub ahead of print. French study, university of Marseille.

2. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. pteropus

pteropus Senior Member (Voting Rights)

(waits to read the full details - and ponders the confident assumption that ONLY latent syphillis and tuberculosis need antibiotic treatment, despite the fact that some cell-wall-deficient bacteria can lurk undetected in human blood for decades, and there is no definitive & complete catalogue of all bacteria on our planet)

Sarah94, Art Vandelay, Hutan and 6 others like this.
  4. duncan

duncan Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"Psychological trauma may be part of these subjective symptoms."

Bets?

ETA: I find this abstract troubling. Planting the psych seed is disturbing in its own right, but reducing PTLDS to an assumptive close with only subjective symptoms borders on absurd. I have been treated for Lyme, and I have both subjective and objective symptoms - as do many with so-called PTLDS.

I also have evidence of continued infection, although not conclusive.

This seeming mischaracterization of symptoms is rife in historic Lyme medical circles, although that is changing.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  5. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Also may be part of these subjective symptoms: Bigfoot, solar flares, swing dancing, butterflies, precession of the equinox, intestinal gas, fox puppies.

If we're going with "may be", might as well cover everything that is possible.

Except, of course, for an actual pathophysiology. That it may not be. Also don't fund research in case you may find something, it would be quite embarrassing after decades of ideological sabotage and billions wasted on useless alternative medicine.

Sarah94, andypants, pteropus and 2 others like this.