1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible useful link to Hacked off & the Leave campaign?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by JellyBabyKid, Apr 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JellyBabyKid

JellyBabyKid Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I saw this tweet:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1112380143291518976

and then this one

https://twitter.com/user/status/1112426018353106945

About the fact that the Leave campaign have been caught out breaking the law and yet it is not being reported

Between that and the last paragraph of Peter Hampton's tweet, which I thought was particularity appropriate about "controlling the narrative" It sounds awfully familiar.

I didn't want to just send a reply saying "us too" as I didn't think it would be helpful, but I do think it would be worth someone with the right knowledge getting in touch with the journalists involved and pointing out the problems we have getting our side of the story about ME across too.

Do we have someone who could jump on this? Does anyone have something already that could be sent to these/one of these journalists to try to interest them in the ME story??

Could @JaimeS @EspeMor help at all?

Edited for formatting, correcting link, adding info

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There are so many problems with the UK media, but so much depends on getting people to understand that details that it's difficult to get people concerned by problems in one area to share concerns surrounding an issue like PACE. Still worth different people having a go, but I expect there will be a low success rate.

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  3. JellyBabyKid

JellyBabyKid Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't disagree but feel that it is worth a try?

Esther12 likes this.