1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Podcast: Episode 37: Finding Answers for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Sly Saint, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This was very good. My impression it that this is the first time the journalist is covering ME, and he's really done his homework!

ETA: Thank you for warning about the loud music in the start!

3. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Overall he did a pretty good job. He does make a sprinkling of mistakes. But more accurate than vast majority of UK newspapers and journal articles out over recent weeks.

Since writing that I have forgotten what a couple of these were.

“off track for a decade”
    when he has stated the formal dismissal and re-categorisation of this disease as Hysteria Mass or otherwise began in 70’s.
    There is evidence of a steady programme to solidify a single treatment approach based on this conception from that day to now and on into the future.

This approach is one of denial of possibility of disease in favour of assumption of mental dysfunction on part of patient. This very same is that which is not delivering the goods in studies or in life.

He referrers to this non delivery without naming the source. “Off track” “wrong” “discredited” but who is, is pretty vital to this story.

He has clearly seen what these people are capable of so
    I can’t judge too harshly.

However the history of ME doesn’t make sense if all the actors are edited out. I am not suggesting specific names are necessary.

To explain however briefly what has been said and done by various professional bodies collectively to bring us to a situation of no funding no treatment and importantly no care and plenty of poverty and social exclusion, is necessary.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    Amw66, Sean, alktipping and 4 others like this.