1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Peripheral Nerve Society - grants for research

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by Hutan, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

https://www.pnsociety.com/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3313

AFM & GBS GRANTS
    The NIAID, NINDS, and NICHD have jointly issued a Notice of Special Interest encouraging new applications and request for supplements to existing grants (competitive revisions or administrative supplements) to support basic, translational, and/or clinical research on the causes, diagnosis, prevention or treatment of Acute Flaccid Myelitis (AFM), Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS), and other acute neurological conditions. For more information, click here.

(We have been discussing the possibility that people with GBS also suffer from PEM and ME/CFS symptoms. It would be good to know if this is so - this funding could support such a study.)

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE FY22 PEER REVIEWED MEDICAL RESEARCH PROGRAM: NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
    We are pleased to announce that $370 million in funding became eligible for PN research through the Department of Defense. The Department of Defense maintains a Peer Reviewed Medical Research Program to support research across the full range of science and medicine, with an underlying goal of enhancing the health, care, and well-being of military service members, veterans, retirees, and their family members. Projects related to peripheral neuropathy are eligible to apply for funding through this program thanks to the partnership between the Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy and key congressional partners. For more information, click here (projects including all forms of peripheral neuropathy are welcome to apply).

(That US Dept of Defense funding could investigate peripheral neuropathy in Gulf War Illness.)

2. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Small fibre neuropathy has also been shown in PwME. I think by \annie Oaklander, alongside David Systrom's work on preload failure as well.

3. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

FYI - FY22 "Peer Review Medical Program" Announcements were in March this year and the hard deadlines have passed. Here is confirmation.
    https://cdmrp.army.mil/funding/pdf/22prmrpreftable.pdf

Pre-applications, or a Letter of Intent depending on the sub-group of the PRMRP, must be submitted to be able to be invited to submit a full-application. Pre-application dates were in April/May, so the ones with August dates are not applicable without having passed the first stage which is now closed.