1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Online cpap support group recommendation?

Discussion in 'Sleep Disturbance' started by perchance dreamer, May 28, 2022.

1. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm doing well with cpap, but want to see what people think of mini cpaps for travel. Thanks.

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  2. LarsSG

LarsSG Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Apneaboard seems to be pretty good (quite nerdy).

ukxmrv likes this.
  3. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@LarsSG, Apneaboard does look good. I like nerdy! They have reviews of the ResMed AirMini, the travel cpap I'm considering. I've read other places that the Mini can be too noisy, and that the waterless humidification doesn't actually provide enough humidity for some. There is a 30-day trial period, so I could try it out.

Cpap is going much better for me this time. I had tried it in the past and always got frustrated, gave up, and went back to my oral apnea device. Because of extensive oral surgeries last year and continuing into this year, the oral apnea device is not an option for me until later this year.

One reason I gave up on cpap in the past is that every time I needed a pressure change, I had to call the provider, who sometimes then contacted the doctor. They would decide on my request and adjust the pressure on my machine remotely. It could take days to get the pressure change I requested. This song and dance really irritated me.

Also, they never understood that I have such a sensitive system that I needed to start very low. They would not let me go down to a pressure I could tolerate.

But this time, I learned from youtube how to access the machine's clinical menu and adjust the pressure myself. I started very low and slow, and over a course of months, got up to the best level for me.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    ukxmrv and Trish like this.