1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

OMF update: OMF Ambassador - Stuart Murdoch

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, he mentioned that the piece CNN was doing was a 'two minute' one. And then he was beating himself up for not adequately conveying in the interview his experience with ME, and that of others, (as well as answering the questions about his band...).

I think most of us would have trouble covering the broad range of experiences of ME in a few minutes.

But yes, if he could call the illness 'ME' and forget the chronic fatigue bit, that would be great.

2. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I was not at this ( sent shoes and tuned into the live facebook stream) @Emsho was directly involved. It did look fantastic and the mass lie down at the end was particularly effective.

3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

OMF Ambassador Stuart Murdoch on CNN - Oct 3rd & Oct 6th

"OMF Ambassador Stuart Murduch will be featured this week on CNN News in the U.S. as a part of its feature, Turning Points. Stuart's message is to raise awareness about ME/CFS.
    Tune in to CNN to watch Stuart on:
    Wednesday, October 3 - CNN "New Day" 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM ET
    Saturday, October 6 - CNN "Newsroom" 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET

CNN's "Turning Points with Dr. Sanjay Gupta" is a series dedicated to profiling incredible individuals who encounter life-changing health challenges and use their stories to inspire others. We are thrilled that CNN is supporting our efforts to spread awareness and educate the public about ME/CFS. Ryan Pryor, CNN Journalist & Co-Director of Forgotten Plague, interviewed Stuart and produced this story.
    The story will be available to view around the world on Turning Points soon."

4. andypants

andypants Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is that the Gupta I think it is?

5. inox

inox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Different Gupta :) Ashok Gupta is the one with the LP-like self help programme:

https://www.guptaprogramme.com/

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018