1. The latest crowdfunder to support David Tuller's work has opened. To donate click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the two part 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 11th October 2021 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

News from the Cornell Center for Enervating NeuroImmune Disease and Maureen Hanson

Discussion in 'News from Organisations' started by Helen, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Helen

Helen Senior Member (Voting Rights)

http://simmaronresearch.com/2017/12/simmaron-patient-day-summary-part-ii-hanson-report/

"Maureen Hanson has been making waves. An ace molecular plant biologist prior to entering the chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) field, Hanson has worked on mitochondrial and gene studies in plants dating back decades. Now, with her son ill from ME/CFS, she’s turned her talents to this field, and has made a difference in a hurry....."

The article presents her ongoing research, also with a background, and what is to come.

mango, healthforall, ahimsa and 18 others like this.
  2. strategist

strategist Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is how lower respiratory capacity, mentioned in the article, was interpreted in a previous study:

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0186802

healthforall, ukxmrv, Mij and 5 others like this.
  3. Samuel

Samuel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

To facilitate sharing:

janice, ahimsa, rvallee and 9 others like this.
  5. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

6. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

It looks like quite an honour, and perhaps creates opportunities for Maureen to push ME/CFS and Long Covid forward as issues that need attention. I think Maureen is a deserving recipient of the honour - her team's research work is always sensible and solid, as is her advocacy.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021