1. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 3rd August 2020 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Naviaux's Lab Winter Newsletter

Discussion in 'BioMedical ME/CFS Research' started by Ron, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Ron

Ron Established Member (Voting Rights)

http://naviauxlab.ucsd.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Naviaux-Lab-Newsletter-Winter-2019_v10_sm.pdf

P.5

"Other exciting studies include a new collaboration with the brilliant virologist, Dr. Bhupesh Prusty at the University of Würzburg, Germany. Using a new, cell-based assay system, we are hot on the trail of both the identity and the biological control of the activity in ME/CFS blood that causes fatigue. This “fatigue factor” looks like it could be the same thing that coordinates the mitochondrial and metabolic features of the cell danger response (CDR) and inflammation5, changes impedance in the nanoneedle10, inhibits recovery from illness by blocking the healing cycle9, induces a dauer-like state11, and triggers collagen remodeling over time that can cause acquired forms of Ehlers Danlos-like syndromes. If successful, these studies will help fill in missing details in how suramin, copaxone, and elamipretide (SS31) might work to treat ME/CFS."

ahimsa, Forbin, alex3619 and 27 others like this.
  2. Ron

Ron Established Member (Voting Rights)

Just wanted to bump this up to link Dr. Bhupesh Prusty's presentation he gave at the NIH Conference earlier this year.

Michelle, Kitty, ahimsa and 7 others like this.
  3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ukxmrv, Yessica, Kitty and 2 others like this.