1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Merryn Crofts death ruled to be from ME by inquest

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, May 18, 2018.

1. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think there is a risk in this approach in overlooking the fact that probably for many of us parasthaesiae represent the ever present cause of awareness of our illness. When one is lying awake at 3am, motionless, with no intention of moving much for another few hours, it is not fatigue that one is aware of, but parasthaesiae.

One can live with that. What I find incomprehensible is that although the parasthaesiae are only a particular expression of something that is going on, there seems to be no interest in following the evidence and considering their position in the chain of causation and what might be linked to them, and how.

EDIT for some, of course, the overriding awareness may be of pain, but either way,there are times when fatigue is a minor factor in the condition.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    oldtimer, Jan, Indigophoton and 5 others like this.
  2. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

adambeyoncelowe, Joh, Inara and 4 others like this.
  3. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Have posted whole article in a new thread. MOD- do we need to combine.

adambeyoncelowe and Kalliope like this.
  4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

5. jpcv

jpcv Established Member (Voting Rights)

My two cents here: although her findings might not explain all her (ours)symptoms, they are one more piece of information in this puzzle called ME.
    We have PET data from Japan showing brain inflamation, Liquor exams showing altered cytokines compared to controls and the clinical findings of pain and disestesias/parestesias.
    So I think it´s important
    I wish there is more data to come regarding pathogens, vírus especially.